About the Company
Premiere Digital Services (PDS) is a trusted media services and software solutions partner for content owners, video distributers, digital retailers, broadcasters, subscription video and ad supported platforms. We simplify the complexities of content distribution, supply chain and digital storefront management and provide flexible B2B technical SaaS solutions and managed services for media assets. As a leader in cloud-based digital asset delivery and content optimization solutions for clients in the growing Media & Entertainment industry, Premiere brings to life the quality of film and television, transporting to the hands of millions around the globe. Through the magic of media services, we are a rising thought leader providing innovative, smart tools and intelligent operations as an essential business in media entertainment. Together with industry leaders like Google, Apple, NBC Universal, Microsoft, Disney, Warner Brothers and more, we work to revolutionize media delivery at the forefront of entertainment technology and software services.
About the Role
The Workflow Specialist is responsible for building, testing, and deploying production workflows utilized by the Ingest, Mastering, QC, and Fulfillment teams. These workflows include encode/transcode profiles, image resizing profiles, asset and packaging metadata, scripting, delivery set-up via Aspera, onboarding of new Service/Platforms, and workflow automation built into Premiere Digitals Workflow Portal. Additionally, will be responsible for implementing, documenting, training, and handing-off finalized onboards and workflows to internal and external production teams as required.
As part of the day-to-day operations of keeping Premiere Digital’s Production Teams operational. The Workflow Specialist will assist in the evaluation and testing of new applications and technologies. These evaluations and testing may require collaborative work with both our production, software development, advanced technologies and IT teams, as well as providers, services and 3rd party vendors. During the course of these evaluations may be required to test, document, and report on the functionality of specific technologies. Additionally, they may also be required to research alternative or competing technologies.
The Workflow Specialist should have a thorough knowledge of video and audio compression and codecs, color space and frame rate conversions, closed caption and subtitle file formats, television/broadcast standards, testing and troubleshooting methodologies, and a discriminating eye for detail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
• Onboarding of new Providers and Services (Broadcasters / Platforms)
• Creation and Maintenance of Transcode Projects, Profiles and Metadata
• Creation and Delivery of Test Packages
• Establishing Media Transfer Mechanisms
• Inject automation into Premiere Digital’s Workflows
• Responsible for documenting, training and handing off to production teams newly developed or updated workflows
• Assist with R&D of NextGen Technologies and workflows
• Work in step with key stakeholders on implementation/roll-out of high profile NextGen Tech
Knowledge and Experience
• General Editing and Post-Production workflows
• UHD HDR/SDR (4K) • Dolby Vision, HDR10
• Dolby ATMOS • Media Formats and Codecs
• EST & Broadcast Deliverable Specifications
• Frame Rate Conversions
• Audio Normalization Guidelines
• Captions, Subtitles, Forced Narrative, SDH
• Cloud Transcoding
• Automation Scripting
• Media Content Protection
• SOP Security Protocols
• Media Transfer Mechanisms
Required Skills (Special Skills and Expertise)
The Workflow Specialist will be required to learn and operate the following systems/applications:
• MTI Cortex
• DaVinci Resolve
• Telestream Vantage
• Telestream MacCaption
• Aspera Console (Console, Enterprise, Faspex, Dropbox, Shares)
• Main Concept Lemony
• Interra Systems Baton
• Adobe Premiere
• Adobe Prelude
• Adobe Media Encoder
• Levels Beyond Reach Engine
• Dolby Hybrick
• Civolution NexGuard
• XML syntax
• College degree or equivalent experience in the field
We offer competitive pay and benefits programs including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), student loan repayment, and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Premiere Digital Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.