Who are we?
At VUBIQUITY, part of the Amdocs Media division of Amdocs, we deliver premium content to viewers on any screen, device, or platform. With a wide-ranging global customer network, the world’s leading content owners (Major Studios, Indie Studios, TV Networks & Digital First Networks) and video service providers (OTT, Mobile, Cable, Satellite, Telco) have selected us to deliver entertainment experiences around the world. We have our offices in Los Angeles, Toronto, London, and Cyprus. For more information, visit Vubiquity at http://www.vubiquity.com
Position Overview :
Vubiquity is seeking a senior-level hands-on Services Engineer to join our Core Production Services (CorPS) team.
The CorPS team develops and supports a microservices-based platform that provides a foundation for asset
management across the animation production pipeline. CorPS services are integrated with pipeline tools,
proprietary and third-party artist-facing applications, and are instrumental in serving up data into distributed
production rendering systems within the studio.
Position is Remote - Temp to hire or Full Time position
● Working with tech leadership to design, build and support microservices and libraries that manage the
storage, retrieval, and indexing of asset files and related metadata
● Work with development teams on API service design, service workflows, documentation, and testing
● Interface with operational staff to coordinate deployments, setup monitoring tools, manage server
configuration, and debug live issues
● Assist clients on migration plans to adopt to the new services & tools
● Write developer documentation for REST api consumers
● Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
● 5+ years of Java development experience using Java 8 or higher
● Thorough understanding of microservice-based technologies (REST, JSON)
● Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture concepts
● Experience with highly scalable and redundant service architectures
● Proficient with Java technologies (Maven, Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate)
● Ability to research and adapt new technologies quickly in a very dynamic work environment
● Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
● Graph databases (Neo4J, DSE Graph)
● NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis)
● Microservice container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
● Messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
● Testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, ReadyAPI)
● Experience with Python and Requests a plus
Why You Will Love This Job
Vubiquity, an Amdocs Company, is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce.