Research Roundup Presented By 5:00 PM | The Great Migration to Streaming Originals | The NPD Group – Understanding the shifting content inventory mix
- 5:00 PM | The Great Migration to Streaming Originals | The NPD Group – Understanding the shifting content inventory mix and its resulting effect on viewership is critical as you navigate licensing deals and fine-tune your distribution strategy. During this session we will quantify the viewership impact from more services focusing their content mix on original programming.
- Speaker | Alex Arenas, Director of US Media Entertainment and Toys, The NPD Group
- 5:10 PM | Streaming’s Agile Approach to Win Over Customers | Comscore – From original vs. syndicated content lineups to more affordable price points to ad-supported vs. non-ad-supported models, streaming services are experimenting with new approaches to win over customers while remaining profitable. This session will provide a comprehensive overview of how streaming models are changing, what’s driving this shift, and the role social media has in winning over customers in this new media landscape.
- Speaker | James Muldrow, Vice President, Product Management, Comscore
- 5:20 PM |NFTs, Blockchain, and The Metaverse – What do Americans know and think? | Vorhaus Advisors – Vorhaus Advisors conducted a US national survey representative of the entire US adult population with 2,000 respondents in late 2021. Mike Vorhaus will present the data from this survey regarding what people know about these topics and how interested they are in them.
- Speaker | Mike Vorhaus, CEO, Vorhaus Advisors
- 5:30 PM | The New TV | Omdia – Connected TV apps were a critical driver of SVOD service adoption in the 2010s and a major contributor to the consumer migration from traditional TV to online video. The 2020s are set to be the decade that advertisers follow consumers into connected TV. Over the next five years connected TV advertising alone, i.e. excluding video ad revenue from mobile and PC, will be rapidly catching up to linear TV advertising. This session will discuss how CTV, FAST and AVOD are shaping the new TV landscape.
- Speaker | Marija Masalskis, Advertising research lead, Omdia
- 5:40 PM | Anatomy of a Profitable Internet TV Service | nScreenMedia – It is becoming increasingly difficult to succeed in InternetTV if you rely on an owned and operated app with one business model. In this session, we will look at the potential to grow your business with alternative business and distribution models. We’ll also look at how much revenue an Internet TV service can earn if it takes advantage of all the opportunities available to it.
- Speaker | Colin Dixon, Founder & Chief Analyst, nScreenMedia
(Wednesday) 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM