Research Roundup Presented By 4:50 PM | Are Robots Our Friends? And Other Questions From the Not-So-Distant Future. | Slalom Speaker | Ryan McKinstry
- 4:50 PM | Are Robots Our Friends? And Other Questions From the Not-So-Distant Future. | Slalom
- Speaker | Ryan McKinstry Principal | Strategy, Slalom
- 5:00 PM | Quantifying the Value of Diversity in Content | Nielsen – As the population of the U.S. continues to diversify across different race, ethnicity, gender and identity dimensions, so does the make-up of entertainment consumers. Viewers today actively seek out TV shows that feature talent mirroring themselves and storylines reflecting their experiences. Under these conditions, the industry has new opportunities to develop and distribute programming that will resonate authentically with diverse audiences. In this session, Gracenote’s Halleh Kianfar will present new insights on diversity in TV content and how engagement changes when viewers see themselves and their experiences in the programming they watch.
- Speaker | Halleh Kianfar, Vice President, Product Management, Gracenote Video, Gracenote
- 5:10 PM | Media and Entertainment Industry Trends Update – A Story of Resilience | Pepperdine University – Dr. Granados will present the preliminaries of Pepperdine’s annual MEDIA Report, underscoring how the industry has come back strong after its pandemic crisis, when whole sectors of the creative economy were shut down. He will also provide an update on the streaming sector and the continuing growth of ad-based streaming.
- Speaker | Nelson Granados, Executive Director, Institute for Entertainment, Media, and Sports, Pepperdine University
(Thursday) 4:45 PM - 5:20 PM